Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Cookie Crisp Mascots

Why can't Cookie Crisp keep one single mascot? Honey Nut Cheerios has had BuzzBee for as long as I can remember. Trix has the Rabbit. Lucky Charms has Lucky, the Leprechan. Cocoa Puffs has Sonny, the Cuckoo Bird. But Cookie Crisp just can't seem to settle on a single mascot.



(1970s) Jarvis, the Cookie Crisp Wizard. My absolute all time favorite. Do you remember when they had the original Cookie Crisp & then they had a vanilla wafer version? It didn't have the chips. Mmmm.




(1990s) Officer Krum, the Cookie Crisp Crook and Chip, the Cookie Hound. I think the dog stuck around the longest (remember his howl, "COOOOKIE CRISP!") I heard from a FOAF that knew them that once General Mills dropped Krum & Crook that they got an apartment together in San Francisco.







(2000s) And now there's a Wolf on our box of Cookie Crisp. His name is Howler. Oh, and, no sign of vanilla Cookie Crisp, but I did see Peanut Butter. Haven't tried it, but I don't see how it can compare to the others.



So what's the story, General Mills? Why keep changing? If you ask me, they jumped the shark with the cop, dog & crook. They should have just stuck with Jarvis. Think about it...with all the Harry Potter hype going on now, you'd think they'd want a wizard on their cereal. Especially since he was the original. I think I'll start a movement. "Bring back Jarvis!" Will you join me?

(Oh, and yes, I know entirely too much about breakfast cereal.)

No comments: